In this episode…
What does it take to gain investor attention as a seed-stage entrepreneur? How can you know what investors are looking for? Do you have what it takes for an investor to invest in you?
As an investor, Raazi Imam has specific factors he looks for in a CEO and in their company. A CEO should have experience, and the ability to build and lead a team. He also advises entrepreneurs to be keen when choosing their investors — sometimes investors are great investors, but they’re terrible board members. Most importantly, entrepreneurs need to think strategically about what their business needs to succeed before deciding if they want an angel investor, institutional investor, or anyone else.
In this episode of The Future is Borderless, David Nilssen sits down with Raazi Imam, Co-founder and Partner at Unlock Venture Partners, to discuss entrepreneurial tips on how to make investors invest in your company. Raazi explains what they look for before they make an investment, things that would make them pause on an investment opportunity, and the questions an entrepreneur should ask potential investors to help them effectively choose their investors.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Raazi Imam explains when and how he got into entrepreneurship
- Raazi talks about the acquisition of his company and how he dealt with it emotionally
- Why Raazi decided to venture into raising funds
- The three things Unlock Venture Partners look for in a company before they invest
- Companies Raazi has invested in and the outcomes
- Raazi talks about what they look for in entrepreneurs before making an investment and what would make them walk away from an opportunity
- What services do Unlock Venture Partners offer to bolster the success of their portfolio companies?
- The questions an entrepreneur should ask potential investors to help them effectively choose a long-term partner
- What’s the key to a good partnership?
- Raazi explains some of the ways the company acquires clients, how they help their clients reach a borderless mindset, and the challenges of being borderless
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Doxa7.
At Doxa7, we help businesses build and leverage highly-skilled and dedicated global teams that can scale.
By connecting you with the right people, your company can increase output while saving up to 70% on hiring costs compared to similar roles in places like the United States, Australia, and Europe.
You’ll build partnerships with talent that fits your culture and values, reap the benefits of Doxa7’s infrastructure, and gain a full-time, dedicated resource that drives results for your business.