In this episode…
Is your business stagnant or experiencing slow growth? One way to accelerate business development is through mergers and acquisitions (M&A). So, what does it take to merge or acquire a company?
Having faced many challenges in growing a company, John Bly has successfully merged with 14 other firms. When assessing a business to acquire, he says to identify and vet the acquisition targets and financing solutions. After a merger, it’s critical to develop new systems, redefine roles, and support the team in the transition process. When executed correctly, M&As can support entrepreneurship and encourage profitable growth.
In this episode of The Future is Borderless, David Nilssen sits down with John Bly, the Managing Partner of the South Atlantic at Aprio, to discuss business development through mergers and acquisitions. John explains how he overcame the challenges he faced acquiring other firms, how to evaluate and identify the best company to acquire, and the methodologies of mergers and acquisitions.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- John Bly’s experience running a business with his spouse
- Why John started his business, his inspiration for focusing on acquisitions, and his first deal
- How John overcame the challenges he faced acquiring other CPA firms
- John reveals his easiest and most difficult acquisitions
- Managing the transition process after a merger
- How to evaluate and identify the best company to acquire
- John explains the methodologies for mergers and acquisitions
- The merge of LBA Haynes Strand and Aprio
- How to navigate the talent shortage
- John’s advice to entrepreneurs as they prepare for the end of the year
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by Doxa7.
At Doxa7, we help businesses build and leverage highly-skilled and dedicated global teams that can scale.
By connecting you with the right people, your company can increase output while saving up to 70% on hiring costs compared to similar roles in places like the United States, Australia, and Europe.
You’ll build partnerships with talent that fits your culture and values, reap the benefits of Doxa7’s infrastructure, and gain a full-time, dedicated resource that drives results for your business.